Job Coach - Rowland Heights
Company: Goodwill Southern California
Location: Rowland Heights
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands of
individuals into sustainable employment through programs and
services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino
counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and
the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been
transforming lives through the power of work for over 100 years.
Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds
generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation
centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the
public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving
organization and yet we have never been more focused - on our
mission, on our people, and on our future. It's always a GOOD day
Primary Responsibility / Summary
Provides supervision to clients with developmental disabilities in
individual or group enclave settings at assigned location. Coaches
assigned participants in learning new job duties and skills
toensure they reach their potential, striving to achieve positive
outcomes in competitive, integrated employment settings. Goodwill
Southern California greatly values our employees' health and
well-being. Per company Policy, all our employees are required to
be fully vaccinated for Covid 19.
Essential Duties &Responsibilities
- Oversees completion of assigned tasks; coaches assigned
participants to assist them in learning job duties, remain focused
on appropriate work behaviors and ensure they reach their
potential, maximize productivity and stabilization on the job.
- Assesses ongoing support service needs that may represent
barriers to employment.
- Assists participants with developing and maintaining positive
interaction with co-workers, customers and other members of the
- Through the use of hand-over-hand training, positive behavior
modification techniques, and other interventions, assists
participants with effectively learning and executing their assigned
- Acts as the participant's advocate for their employment rights
and suggests alternative work methods or reasonable accommodation
when necessary. Identifies and alerts site supervisor to potential
needs for reasonable accommodation.
- Maintains communication between participants, program staff,
primary Department of Rehabilitation or Regional Center Counselor,
and other key stakeholders.
- Completes regular written progress reports, case notes and
other required case file records for each assigned participant,
productivity logs and information/ documentation required for
billing, daily inventory records and the creation of lists of
needed inventory replenishment.
- As determined by program and/or participant need, occasional
travel to conduct coaching at non-primary worksites may be
- Ensures compliance with work rules and safety requirements.
Reports compliance concerns and unsafe conditions to appropriate
employer personnel. When supervising participants, enforces
compliance with all work rules especially safety related
- Attends meetings and training as required. If required to drive
for a work event, you should have a valid CDL and required auto
Additional Duties &Responsibilities
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Follows all company safety standards, social distancing
procedures and personal protective equipment policies.
- Committed to all safety rules and exercises caution in work
- Supervises assigned program participants in performing
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Minimum 2 years of job coaching or relevant experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required,
some college preferred.
- Knowledgeable on responding to work-related needs of people
with disabilities; ADA knowledge preferred.
- Ability to speak another language and understand another
culture as required by the program or local community.
- Excellent people skills and demonstrated patience &
professionalism in working with all levels of participants and
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Shift flexibility and overtime when needed
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
- Understands the basic philosophy of Goodwill and participates
fully in carrying out its mission.
- Adheres to Goodwill's values of Respect, Integrity, Service, &
English Language Skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
manuals.Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.Ability
to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume.Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have basic knowledge of computer programs in a Windows
environment, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- New Hire Orientation
- Corporate Compliance
- Values and Diversity Training
- Conflict of Interest
- Business Ethics
- FLSA Section 14(c) training and Time Study training
- AB1825: Harassment Prevention
- Safely Surrender Baby Law - Annually
- Mandated Reporter Status - Annually
- ADA and Reasonable Accommodation
- CPR/First Aid - Bi-Annually
- Safety Training - Monthly
- Any other training required by law, funders, and the
Values-Based Work Environment Notice
Goodwill Southern California provides a values-based work
environment for our employees.All individuals are expected to
support and promote our values:
- We treat everyone with respect, compassion and inclusion,
recognizing their contributions and differences.
- We conduct business with transparency, integrity and
- We serve, empower and advocate for our clients, community,
business partners and each other.
- We pursue a vision of excellence and continuous improvement to
better the lives of those we serve. The above description is not
intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of the duties and
responsibilities of the job described, nor is it intended to be
such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Rather, it is intended only to describe the general nature of the
Employee Signature Printed NameDate
- Drug Screen
- Background Check
- Employment Verification
- Live Scan
- COVID vaccine verification
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal opportunity
employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more
information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law,
please click here:
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with barriers
to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity
for applicants and employees. Employment decisions will comply with
all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment
including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age
Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and
any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities
In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination against
qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the
provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the
Americans with Disabilities Act, and all regulations properly
issued thereunder to protect the rights of qualified disabled
persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity
administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits
to or subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of
his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity will be
extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of the
employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring,
upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff,
recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide
reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental
limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or
It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable accommodations
for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or
applicants for employment. If you need assistance for
accommodations to interview because of a disability, please notify
the Human Resources Department. Employment opportunities will not
be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable
accommodations for a disability.
Keywords: Goodwill Southern California, Rowland Heights , Job Coach - Rowland Heights, Education / Teaching , Rowland Heights, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!