Retail Lead Associate
Company: Goodwill Southern California
Location: Rowland Heights
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Goodwill is one of the leading non-profit brands in the world
and one of the largest non-profits in Southern California. We are a
rapidly evolving organization and yet we have never been more
focused on our Mission, on our people, and on our future. It's
always a GOOD day in SoCal! The Retail Lead Associate works under
the direction of the site manager to maintain the efficient
operation of a Retail Store, Bookstore or Attended Donation Center
(ADC) to achieve established goals for sales, production, service,
safety and expense control. Goodwill Southern California greatly
values our employees' health and well-being. Essential Duties &
- Performs manager on duty activities as assigned by Site
Manager. Including opening and closing, managerial operations of a
cash register; trains, leads and encourages Ambassadors to meet
goals, providing training and guidance while maintaining
established company standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Provide excellent service, engages with each Ambassador,
customer and donor, while presenting a friendly and cooperative
attitude. Role models, communicates and coaches our Mission and
RISE (Respect, Integrity, Service and Integrity) Values to our
Ambassadors, customers and donors.
- Ensure a safe work environment by maintaining a clean and safe
environment by following all established SOPs and procedures and
exercises caution in work related activities.
- Adheres, coaches and trains Ambassadors on de-escalation
practices regarding the public and proper procedures for loss
- Identifies and communicates concerns, contacting the District
Manager for guidance when the Site Manager is not available.
- Perform accurate Point of Sale (POS) and cash handling
- Receive and accurately record donations using technology.
- Sort, clean, process, price donated goods, following company
- Merchandise and maintain the salesfloor to meet established
SOPs and guidelines.
- Assists in the Truck Swap process and performs necessary
cleaning and janitorial work.
- Work flexible shifts; including nights, weekends, holidays and
overtime when needed. May be required to work at a nearby location.
Education & Experience
- Ability to read, speak and write Basic English.
- Ability to operate cash register, computer and other technology
necessary to complete the activities assigned.
- Bilingual in Spanish helpful.
- Ability to share Goodwill's purpose with the public and ask for
monetary donations and ask customer and donor information.
- Ability to work with a diverse team.
- Proficient in using computers and other technology necessary to
complete the activities assigned, preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, completing surveys using
electronic platforms in order to complete daily tasks,
- Some retail and sales experience helpful. Other Qualifications
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
- Understands the basic philosophy of Goodwill and participates
fully in carrying out its mission.
- Adheres to Goodwill's values of Respect, Integrity, Service, &
- Clear screening processes which include: Background and Drug
Screening Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal
opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd
like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under
the law, please click here: Goodwill gives preferential
consideration to persons with barriers to employment. Persons with
disabilities are encouraged to apply. Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity
for applicants and employees. Employment decisions will comply with
all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment
including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age
Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and
any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities In furtherance of
our commitment to end discrimination against qualified disabled
individuals, and in accordance with the provisions of Section 504
of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities
Act, and all regulations properly issued thereunder to protect the
rights of qualified disabled persons, it is Goodwill's policy that
no program or activity administered by it shall exclude from
participation, deny benefits to or subject to discrimination any
individual solely by reason of his or her disability. Equal
employment opportunity will be extended to qualified disabled
persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship,
including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion,
transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. We further
affirm that we will provide reasonable accommodation to the known
physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled
employee or applicant. It is the policy of Goodwill to provide
reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities
who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need
assistance for accommodations to interview because of a disability,
please notify the Human Resources Department. Employment
opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to
make reasonable accommodations for a disability. Other details
- Job Family :Retail
- Pay Type :Hourly
- Hiring Rate :$17.85
Keywords: Goodwill Southern California, Rowland Heights , Retail Lead Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Rowland Heights, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!